PD 1435 mandates the Department of Agriculture through BSWM to supervise, regulate, and control the establishment and operations of all soil laboratories in the Philippines.
Through PD 1435, the BSWM is specifically directed to:
- Develop and prescribe guidelines
- Establish test methods for soil testing based on international standards
- Establish a data banking system
- Grant licenses and impose fees
- Establish a National Soil Laboratory Network
DA RSLs, Private Soil Laboratories, Laboratories of State Universities/Colleges (SUCs), Farmers, Researchers, and other customers of RSLs